Wednesday, 13 September 2017

My first Healthcare investment

Hi all,
we are all getting old day by day. One time we may have to be in the long term care. That is scary, to think about. But truth is not always pretty and comforting. Same as future. We can prepare for it, but when it comes we have to face it.
Ok, just put aside the blues. I was looking on Motley Fool website one time and found there is a company called Extendicare, providing long term care services. Further research shows that they provide retirement living, long term care, and help to live in your own home with assistance. 
As a dividend investor, I found that the company gives dividends too. It is a Canadian company and longterm care business is not going to be affected by economy. It gives a dividend yield of 5% and the dividends are paid monthly. 
So, that is what I added in my portfolio this month: Extendicare, EXE, @tsx. That will give a dividend of 0.04cents per share every month. Let us see if I will get enough dividends to DRIP. so, hopefully I am getting a bit more closer to financial independence. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to know what you think of my post.I will do every effort to reply to your comment and to visit your blog. Thanks for caring and sharing