Wednesday, 9 March 2016

DIY Laundry Detergent dilemmas

My laundry detergent is going to finish soon. I happened to remember about reading homemade laundry detergent recipe  on David Suzuki's website. 
A search on the internet gave me the basic ingredients are some sort of bar soap, washing soda and borax. The authors/bloggers who tried the DIY laundry detergent assured me this will save money for sure.

Now, where can I get the ingredients? A search suggested, there is borax at the nearby Walmart. But, I couldn't find washing soda.

Internet has suggested to turn baking soda into Washing soda by baking in the oven. 

I am a little scared to try that. My house is just a small condo. If something went wrong and kitchen got fire, it is going to affect a lot of people. Without knowing more about it, I am not willing to try that.

So, for the time being, will look for the washing soda in nearby stores. Have any of you Canadians, especially in Toronto, found washing soda in No Frills or Walmart or Bulk Barn? 
Till finding the washing soda, my DIY laundry detergent project must wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to know what you think of my post.I will do every effort to reply to your comment and to visit your blog. Thanks for caring and sharing